Friday, June 11, 2010

Welcome!

I decided to create this blog today, ostensibly for the purpose of writing about books I'm reading. I'm an avid reader and always have some book at my bedside table, in my bag, in my car, on my smartphone....wherever. In fact, most of my credit card debt is due to ordering books and book-related items online - well, that and paying for vacations. In fact, I wouldn't even consider a vacation without deciding exactly what books and magazines I need to carry. It's one of the first things I organize!

I'm sure there are lots of others just like me. I'm lucky to have found the site http://www.librarything.com/, which is a mecca for booklovers. I love participating in their forums, and in fact many of my reading recommendations come from there nowadays. So if you are a reader you simply have no choice but to check out the site. Be warned though, you will end up buying more books, which is always a good thing of course, but your bank account will suffer. Me, I just say the lord will help, and try to purchase wisely. But God wouldn't have given me this beautiful passion and then expect me to not indulge it right? That's my rationale and I'm sticking to it.

Well this is the first blog I've ever created and already I can tell it's going to be loads of fun. I'll post about my latest book soon and probably a bit about some of my old favourites also. This is going to be a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment